This is an easy and quick recipe for a date night in, now that fall is upon us OR something quick for you and your SO on a weeknight.
Cooking With Korrie: Cajun Pasta
Author: Isis Muhammad
Recipe type: Date Night Dinner
- -2boneless, skinless chicken breast or 1-2 bags precooked chicken strips (not seasoned)
- - 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- - 8 ounces Fettuccine pasta
- - 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- - 1 cup heavy cream
- - 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- - 1 10 ounce jar of roasted red peppers
- - 1 stock fresh broccoli
- - 1 red pepper
- - ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- - 1 block fresh Parmesan or packaged shredded
- •Garlic bread spread
- - 1 fresh baguette
- - 2 tablespoons melted butter
- - 1 & ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- - 1 & ½ teaspoon Italian season
- In a medium-size mixing bowl add diced up chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil and Cajun seasoning together (add more seasoning to liking)
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add chicken. Cook through about 5-6 min on each side or for precooked chicken cook 5-6 min all together. Flipping both twice, set aside to keep warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salt & a drop of olive oil water, cook pasta. Make sure it’s according to package instructions, drain well.
- In a small pot, cook fresh chopped broccoli with a pinch of salt. Blanch broccoli so it’s not too soft. While that cooks, slice red peppers in thin strips.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add 1 cup heavy cream, while whisking gradually add 2 cups Mexican cheese, keep whisking till all incorporated. If too thick add more cream. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in pasta, chicken, broccoli & red pepper into the cream sauce.
- Serve/ garnish with fresh chopped parsley, shredded Parmesan & sliced red peppers if desired.
- Slice bread however thick you would like. Mix seasoning & butter together. Refrigerate for 10-15 min. Rub spread on bread, toast in the oven for 5-8 min.